Full-Height Locking Channel
Our full-height locking channel acts as a 5/8" deadbolt along the full length of the door. Its I-beam shape cocks at an angle when open and snaps shut over the full-length latch stop when closed. It provides exceptional security on single doors and eliminates vertical rods, floor hardware, coordinators, astragals and flush bolts on pairs and double-egress fire doors.
The locking channel and hinge require no templating and uniformly distribute loads to the door and frame, increasing the strength, durability and abuse resistance of the door and frame. Our doors have tested to more than five million duty cycles, compared to 100,000 to 1,500,000 for the typical hinged door.
Flush Panic Fire Exit Device
Our exclusive flush panic fire exit device offers the smallest projection in the industry, only 1/8" with the door in the open position. This makes it virtually flush with the door face. When closed, it pops out to 5/8" to meet all fire codes and ADA guidelines.
Panic devices can even use the same finish as the rest of your door, for a solution that looks and works better.
Full-Height, Semi-Concealed Hinge
This hinge fits easily onto any new or existing frame or to any flat surface, without any projecting knuckles. This eliminates the need for triple-step frames on double-egress applications.
Our double-egress doors can even be retrofitted into a standard pair frame. Our exclusive, dual pivot-point, semi-wide throw hinge allows the door to open a full 180 degrees and gives greater clearance width.
Three-hour rated pairs can be installed in standard rabbetted or cased frames.
Composition and Materials
- Latch and hinge stiles are 16-gauge, electro-galvanized, bonderized steel.
- 5 1/2" top and bottom steel or solid wood rails provide reinforcement for closers and holders, eliminating the need for through-bolting and are rated for positive pressure.
- The locking channel is electro-galvanized, bonderized steel. It provides exceptional security on single doors and eliminates the need for vertical rods and other hardware on double-egress or pairs of doors.
- The full-height, semi-concealed hinge is 14-gauge, electro-galvanized, bonderized steel with no projecting hinge knuckles.
- The full-height locking channel and hinge are strong enough to be used without modification on our hurricane-rated and VLR blast-resistant doors.
- Quiet operation
- Abuse resistance and low-maintenance. Total Doors stand up to heavy use in schools, sports facilities, healthcare and institutional settings.
- Meet all fire-ratings including three-hour, temperature rise, positive and negative pressure, and “S” smoke labels.
- ADA compliant
- Intertek Testing Services/Warnock Hersey certified.